- Adapts to virtually any camera and lens setup using our INCLUDED custom low-profile clamp.
- The smallest single focus setup available- just over 1lb (0.6kg) in weight. 4.2in (100mm) in total height
- Now available with our premium single focus coated optics for optimum transparency. These new optics achieve single focus without degrading sharpness or changing the flaring and are the most transparent single focus optics available.
- TACK SHARP at fast apertures- shoot f/1.4 night scenes with ease with beautiful painted anamorphic bokeh.
- Single focus version focuses to 1-2 feet; dual focus focuses to 3-5 feet.
- 180 degree focus throw with 360 degree gear for follow focus
- 2x anamorphic stretch ratio provides cinematic, oval anamorphic canvas-like bokeh.
- Quality Sankor Japanese build quality and optics
- Single focus version attachment can be detached for more mobile shooting and attaches via a 58mm filter thread. NON-ROTATING attachment also features a 58mm front filter thread for adding polarizer or ND filters.
- Dual focus can be updated to single focus later via this attachment here.
Which Lenses Will Work
This lens works best at 50mm and up on m43 cameras with a 2X crop factor. On full frame cameras like 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 85mm or longer lenses are recommended. For Black Magic cameras, use 35mm lenses and longer.
As many variables factor into vignetting, please check out our anamorphic calculator to determine what kind of prime lenses you may need for your setup.
How to Attach
You must use an anamorphic lens clamp to attach this anamorphic to your camera setup. Our custom clamp is included in this listing. The seamless fit prevents any light leaks and does not use screws that damage your lens.
How do I focus?
To setup, you must first attach the setup to the front filter of your prime taking lens (Zeiss, Canon, Nikon, Rokinon, Sigma, etc) using the anamorphic clamp. Next, set infinity focus on the taking lens. You are now ready to focus with our anamorphic. Simply rotate the single focus attachment to focus closer, or to infinity. When setting your focus scale to infinity, your minimum focus will be around 1 feet (0.3m).
If you have the single focus version, you may change the focus scale for close focus, adjust the taking and anamorphic lens to set your “infinity focus” to around 3 feet. This will now allow you to use the attachment to focus to around 5-6 inches (.15m) without using diopters.
What is the field of view of my resulting image?
When shooting anamorphic, the additional image gathered by the anamorphic lens greatly increase you field of view. If you pair this anamorphic with a 85mm taking lens, your resulting image will have the resulting horizontal field of view of a 42.5mm non-anamorphic lens! This is why higher crop factors or alternate sensor modes greatly assist when shooting anamorphic- they effectively turn your camera into a full frame (horizontal) field of view.
When editing, you can simply scale your vertical size by 200%, or change your pixel aspect ratio to 2.0. This will double your horizontal resolution, turning a 4k DSLR into an 8K cinemascope camera.
This listing is for the Sankor Anamorphic Kit Only. This includes a 2x Sankor anamorphic lens and if selected, the optional single-focusing attachment, with a slim fit anamorphic lens clamp in 52mm or 58mm size. If you need a custom thread size or other request please leave a note when ordering. This listing does not include the camera, the prime taking lens, or any other accessories. Each anamorphic lens is in great condition. Some lenses may have very minor cosmetic imperfections that do not detract from the professionalism of the lens. Optics are in pristine condition with no issues that affect performance.
We ship USPS Priority mail same business day, before 2PM CST. Only the anamorphic lens is included in this listing, and no other gear that may appear in the listing pictures such as camera, taking lens, etc are included. Please be sure to do your research on adapting anamorphic lenses for DSLR before purchasing. Our blog features many tips and tutorials for anamorphic shooting.
LIMITED INITIAL QUANTITY. The parts to produce these are becoming increasingly rare and difficult to source. For the single-focus attachment only, see the listing here.
Any more questions on this anamorphic lens kit? Please contact us!
Email form not working? Recaptcha failing? You can still reach out to us by chatting with us in the chat window, or contacting us here!